Saturday, November 20, 2010

Rooster and Karen Overall's RELAXATION PROTOCOL

Anyone within earshot knows the high value I place on Karen Overall's Relaxation Protocol. Rooster and I keep redefining it to meet our needs. Though he is working at a higher level than Day 1, we are now using Day 1 for cue discrimination and to start building Duration for random Sit, Down, and Stand. Though not shown here, I have also begun using the
RP for building Distance by standing a long step away from him when I give the cues. Gradually, using chutes and ladders, I will increase the distance between us during a sequence of tasks


4 comments:

  1. Cathy You and Rooster are the poster team for RP! You inspire us all! I can't keep up but it isn't for lack of trying! Your focus on detail, cue discrimination, duration, distance and the use of RP to teach and refine is training par excellent! Thanks for leading the way down a very profitable road!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Every time I watch this I get goosebumps!!!!!!!!!!

    THIS IS THE BEST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Talk about INSPIRATIONAL!!!!!!!!!!

    AND the STRAIGHT SITS! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work, Cathy and Rooster!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK I shared this with Peggy earlier but it is appropriate here too!

    “The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work.”
    Emile Zola

    Now I'll stop before I become ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete